In order to cultivate students’ interest in learning and writing Chinese characters, the Confucius Institute of University of Macau has launched an online Chinese character course in this semester. To further enhance the enthusiasm of students to learn and write Chinese characters comprehensively and systematically, and to encourage students to persist in learning Chinese characters after the course ends, the Institute will organize the second Chinese characters contest of the Confucius Institute of University of Macau.
2. Date & Time:
14/12/2021 19:00-21:00 Elementary Mandarin II Group
15/12/2021 19:00-21:00 Elementary Mandarin I Group
3. Eligibility Criteria:
– All Elementary Mandarin courses students are required to participate and attendance will be counted. Contestants will be automatically enrolled to the Contest and registration is not needed.
– Contestants should bring along their own electronic devices (e.g. mobile phones, tablets etc.) to the Contest as some of the questions have to be answered online.
4. Contest Categories:
– Elementary Mandarin I & II Group
– Due to the large number of contestants in each group, the Elementary Mandarin I/II Group will be divided into two sub-groups A/B.
5. The Contest will be divided into two parts – Preliminary Contest and Final Contest as illustrated below:
– Simplified Chinese characters will be tested during the Contest and only those words covered in each class will be tested, and you can download the Chinese Characters list from here.
– The two contest categories will be tested in terms of recognition, meaning, shape and stroke order of Chinese characters. In addition, the Elementary Mandarin II Group will also be tested on the ability to write a short paragraph in Chinese.
6. Awards and Prizes:
For the rest of the details of the Contest, please read the Contest guidelines and regulations that can be downloaded from here.